_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Practical Pre-Production - Double Exposure Test 3

Saturday 18 October 2014


After the first double exposure test, I researched into online tutorials which could refine the double exposure effect. Once I had experimented myself into refining the double exposure technique (evidenced in the second double exposure test) I found this double exposure After Effects tutorial below on Youtube.


Described as 'medium difficulty' this tutorial used techniques which I have used in the past, as well as some which I haven't yet come across. Free footage was also available with this tutorial, and I decided to use the tree, dust, and lens flare footage to see if I could get a final result similar to that in the video. I used my own green screen footage of James. Documented below is the progression of my own work following the tutorial, compiled in the online software Canva.



Whilst the end result perhaps does not have as much definition on James's facial features, there are definitely certain aspects to this video which I will continue to refine:
• Using 'Add' to blend the background into the double exposure, creating a more harmonious composition.
• The use of a pan in the background footage, and then duplicate this in a new layer and fragment it, adding depth to the overlaid footage.
• Creating an edge blur by manipulating the blur and shrink/grow transformations within the screen matte to further blend the double exposure with the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________