_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Practical Pre-Production - Star Trails

Monday 13 October 2014

After my previous unsuccessful attempts of getting a time lapse of the night sky, I decided to try to capture star trails instead. The image above is composed of 17 images each with 30 second exposures with an ISO of 600. A time consuming but rewarding process, this star trail captures just a part of the sky, but I am pleased with the effect I achieved, especially for my first attempt. As I do not own a remote trigger I had to continually wait and press the shutter, which was laborious. The images were taken using a Fuji x20 and have had no colour correction.

In order to combine all of the photos I had taken, I uploaded them into Photoshop, and changed each Layer Blending Mode to 'Lighten' which allowed all of the images to be visible in the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________