_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Music Video - Second Complete Draft

Sunday 15 March 2015



Above is the final draft for my music video. Amendments from the previous draft include:
• Changes to the introduction, including adding the same photo from the ancillary products in order to strengthen the brand identity across the promotional package, as advised by my focus group. By cutting to the beat and alternating between vibrantly coloured psychedelic patterns from my digipak planning, this enabled me to both engage the audience through the visuals whilst strengthening the relationship between the track and the visuals. These psychedlic patterns also connote the indie-psych genre.
• Refining the lip syncing. After watching the complete video the whole way through, the matching of the lip syncing to the track was not as strong as it could have been, so I altered the placement of each clip in the timeline to strengthen this.
• I also verified my Youtube account in order to create a custom thumbnail featuring the artwork from the digipak, strengthening the brand identity further.

Overall, I am very happy with this video. Having never used After Effects or Premiere Pro before this project, the skills I have learnt through the construction of this video have only strengthened as the process continued. Whilst it did take very long to complete, I feel that this is part of a cohesive promotional package that I will submit to the band - The Plastic Dots - in order to gain their opinion as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________