_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Final Song Choices

Sunday 21 September 2014

After receiving permission from each of the artists I mentioned in my previous post 'Possible Song Choices' I have narrowed down my track selection to two songs; my first choice and a backup. I decided to use the tracks I found on Soundcloud rather than the older songs from before 1964 for two reasons: I did not have explicit permission to use those tracks, which could result in difficulties when I come to upload the video, and finding the original recording of these tracks was particularly difficult as many had been re-recorded more recently.

First Choice:

The thing which really drew me to this track is the overriding mellow, relaxed tone to the piece which is well complimented by the almost 60's sound to the piece, complimenting my personal music tastes. Definitely fitting into the indie genre, the strong guitar and reverberate vocals suggest a psychedelic rock influence, reminding me of the Hippie subculture from the mid-1960's. Due to the relaxed nature of the track, I don't think it would overwhelm any complicated imagery, allowing more experimental cinematography and editing to harness the main focus in the video. Similarly, I really think that exciting visuals will enhance this track further, although because of the quite unusual lyrics it would be perhaps difficult to literally interpret them as with Dmitri Basil's video for Vance Joy.

Alternative Choice:

Another indie track with a more modern sound, I have a fairly solid narrative idea which would illustrate the lyrics of this single, but could be quite difficult to execute and not necessarily allow for as much creative freedom as I would like. Gaining permission for the use of this track also means that should anything happen to my first choice, I have a solid contingency plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________