_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Contacting Artist

Sunday 21 September 2014

After selecting 4 potential songs, I wanted to contact each of the artists to maximise my chance of replies, hence refraining from narrowing down my potential selection. In the sidebar of each artist's Soundcloud page had their contact details, so I composed a message and sent it to at least one contact source in hopes of getting a reply. As I have gained permission to use all three of the tracks I shortlisted from Soundcloud, I have decided to limit myself once again to two options, giving me the assurance that I do have permission to use these tracks rather than relying on those which are out of copyright. All of these artists are unsigned and independent, reiterating this assurance.

The Purple Lights - Devil Man
Contacting The Purple Lights on both Facebook and Soundcloud, I received their permission through Facebook to use their track 'Devil Man' for the music video and upload it to Youtube. 

Jungle Doctors - Dry
Jungle Doctors appeared very active on their Facebook page, so I sent them a message. I received their permission through Facebook to use their track 'Dry' for the music video and upload it to Youtube.

The Plastic Dots - Velvet Cafe
Once again, The Plastic Dots were more active on their Facebook, so I sent them a message. I received their permission through Facebook to use their track 'Velvet Cafe' for the music video and upload it to Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________