_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Footage Review 9/11/14

Monday 10 November 2014

As my storyboard outlines two separate lyrics whereby the concept of ink in water will be used, I refined this down to consider the shot type and framing I would need to achieve the high-contrast, close-up effect that I wanted. The lens would be extremely important in order to create this, so I decided to use my Canon 50mm Compact Macro Lens, which was able to focus closely enough to the water so that the added ink would fill the frame.

However, due to the short focal range the lens has quite a shallow DOF which caused some issues after the ink was added to the water and dispersed. In some shots there is a clear definition between the foreground, midground, and background of the shot, but this created some quite abstract effects that could resemble a stormy sky. As this is an element which I am repeating within the video, I believe these shots in particular may not be successful for this particular purpose, but can be repurposed to form said image.
Canon 50mm Compact Macro Lens

Canon 600D Review:

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________