_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Footage Review 7/11/14

Saturday 8 November 2014

Outlined in my primary source mood board was the possibility of experimenting with bokeh, and during each of my shoots I have compiled a few clips which correspond with this. As the strongest bokeh is created through bright light sources, I researched and found that fireworks are good subject matter for this, with the combination of vibrant colours and movement creating an aesthetic which will add depth to the double exposure edit.

Bonfire night and the respective fireworks displays fell into the period I had allocated for filming, meaning I had plenty of opportunities to film various displays. Looking at the local news website I had a clear view of the 'Big Boom' fireworks in the city centre from my house, so I decided to allocate filming time for this period.

The only camera I had available was the Fujifilm X20, which has previously offered varying results. However, after looking closer into changing the automatic controls, I was able to change the exposure down to a lower exposure, resulting in less noise in the final image.

Overall, after reviewing these clips, I obtained both focused and deliberately out of focus clips, each with correct framing as I prepared this before the show had started.

Fujifilm X20 Footage

Fujifilm X20 Review:

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________