_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Magazine Advert Planning

Friday 23 January 2015

Brand identity is especially important for an unsigned artist such as the Plastic Dots who I am designing this promotional package for. For this reason, I intend for the advert to be a direct continuation of the design choices made in the digipak.

Looking at the planning for the digipak, I was particularly inspired by the psychedelic patterns featured on my mood board blog here. Reflecting the indie-psych genre effectively, the uniqueness of each design also mimics the unique, older-sounding vibe that this band possess. Looking back to my analyses, in the sketch below I have outlined conventional elements that I wish to include in this advertisement.

Looking back at my research,  The King Blues used a handwritten font to illustrate each track name to give them an individual identity. I intend for the digipak to be self titled The Plastic Dots as it is their debut album, but I have researched 70s typefaces in case I use this.
Whilst I like the idea of using a font with a traditional connotations to the 70s, both of these examples contrast against the band logo due to them all being gothic, bold typefaces. I intend to create a handwritten typeface for the thank you note in the digipak, so this may be suitable for the text in the advert. If not I intend to use the same Arial Black font from the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________